Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Career Conversation with Evan Frisch this Thursday, October 17th at 6:30PM- BE and AOM majors invited!

Come out to Room 122 Frazier Rogers Hall on Thursday, October 17th to speak to one of the ABE advisory board members, Evan Frisch! Evan is Senior Vice President of Productivity Transformation at Keurig Dr. Pepper.

The talk is open to all students of all concentrations and disciplines. We will be using Zoom to communicate with Evan, since he will be in Texas at the time. It will be a back-and-forth conversation, where students can ask and share their answers to questions and Evan will respond with his own. He really wants to hear from YOU. The discussion is informal, and he encourages you to come with questions. The questions do not have to be related to Dr. Pepper Keurig or Evan’s field. Sample questions are below:
  • How can I market myself to employers if…… my background is [insert], I have little experience, etc.?
  • What is the best strategy to negotiate salary? Should I always negotiate salary?
  • Are internships necessary to land the job I want?
  • How relevant is a job to your undergraduate major?
  • What current trends and issues should I know/be aware of?
  • How can I sell myself if my GPA is low/not ideal?
  • Is MBA worth it?
  • What are employers really looking for?
If you have any doubts when it comes to landing a full-time job/internship or finding the right employer, please bring them to the table on Thursday. I can guarantee you that your question is relevant and relatable. All questions are encouraged #nofilter.

Of course, if you are very interested in the company or his field, please come with questions. A few example questions are below:
  • How did you decide that Keurig Dr Pepper was the right fit for you?
  • What will/are the new K-pods composed of such that they are now recyclable?
If you are interested please RSVP below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJh8XPdWQAwprTq4MaeolKWZaUl8PV7bEkZNaGXrXtMFM1QA/viewform